The Value of R&D Partnerships
Your clients trust you to help them minimize their tax obligations. Recent enhancements to the R&D credit make it a viable and lucrative incentive for early-stage as well as established innovative businesses.
More SMBs qualify for R&D tax credits than ever before and need help claiming them. We partner with accounting firms, financial advisors, investors, payroll providers, and more to increase access to this meaningful tax incentive. Our mission aligns with yours, put hard-earned money back into the hands of the innovative companies that are fueling the growth of our economy. Partnering with Clarus R+D is a win for you and your clients.
We partner with accounting firms, financial advisors, investors, payroll providers, and more.
The R&D tax credit
The R&D tax credit is the most lucrative tax credit in the U.S. The PATH Act of 2015 greatly expanded the credit’s usefulness to startups and SMBs by making three significant changes:
- Early-stage companies that are not yet paying income tax can now utilize the credit as an offset to payroll taxes.
- Many companies can now use the credit to offset their AMT liability.
- The R&D tax credit is now written into permanent law.
We believe companies that are investing annually in R&D have a fiduciary duty to take advantage of the R&D tax credit every year. As a financial partner to these companies, you have an opportunity to add value. And this is where we come in. Clarus R+D offers partnership options that best fit your needs and those of your clients.
Types of partnerships
- Referral: A good way to start. Clarus R+D is your trusted partner that performs R&D tax studies for your clients.
- Outsource: Power your own R&D practice. Clarus R+D provides white-label software and all the backend heavy lifting, but you present R&D as one of your service offerings.
- Software: High tech autonomy. Use only our software to help you ensure compliance, drive efficiency, and increase profitability.
- Co-Marketing: Partner with Clarus R+D to educate and inform your audience about the value of R&D tax credits.
Your clients trust you and look to you for advice. By referring clients to Clarus R+D for R&D tax credits, you add to their bottom line and help drive innovation. The referral option is an easy way to get started with R&D tax credits. If you think you have a client that qualifies for the R&D tax credit, refer them over to us and we’ll keep you up-to-date on their progress. In the end, you’ll receive qualification reports to document eligibility and form 6765 to include in their return.
The outsource partnership works well if you are familiar with the R&D tax credit and have a number of clients that qualify. You offer the credit as a service under your firm’s brand but without the risk and overhead. A white-label version of our software helps you drive efficiency and compliance. We do the backend study review. At the end of the day, you add value for your clients and your firm, but without the expense of a new R&D practice.
Already offering R&D tax credits to your clients? Need ways to increase compliance and efficiency? With our software partnership, all R&D studies are completed between you and your client using a white-label version of our platform. If you need any technical help with the software, Clarus R+D is available.
Many growing businesses continue to miss the R&D credit. Some perceive it to be too complex or costly. Others mistakenly believe they don’t qualify. Many businesses perform activities that qualify for the R&D tax credit without realizing it. Co-market with Clarus R+D to educate and inform your audience about the value of R&D tax credits.
Our partnership options make it easy for you and your clients to take advantage of the R&D tax credit. Schedule a demo to learn more.