What Is Revenue Reconciliation and Why It Matters For Startups
Revenue recognition and revenue reconciliation are crucial parts of a successful month-end close. Often, startups only focus on recording and recognizing transactions, but that’s only the first step. In this article, Furey covers the basics of revenue reconciliation—what it is, how to approach it, and why it’s important for your business. You’ll learn:
- The difference between revenue recognition and revenue reconciliation
- Why is revenue reconciliation important?
- How to approach revenue reconciliation
- Common mistakes when reconciling revenue
- Preparing your startup for revenue reconciliation