Tax Credit Specialist (but more fun)
Location: 1233 Dublin Road, Columbus, OH 43215
Reports to: VP of Operations
Availability Requirements: Full time
Ready to move on from a corporate environment or CPA firm? Have you ever considered working in a fast paced early stage company? If you have an interest in being part of a quickly growing company focused on helping entrepreneurs across the nation, this opportunity might be for you.
About Clarus R+D
Started by two co-founders and friends, Clarus R+D is a high growth early stage company headquartered in Columbus, OH. The R&D tax credit is America’s largest tax incentive for innovation, but traditional obstacles have caused this credit to be largely unclaimed. Why does this matter? Running a small business is hard enough. We wanted to make it easy for entrepreneurs to take advantage of all of the resources available to them.
At Clarus, we develop technology driven solutions that help great companies claim benefits that they have earned. Our software offers a simple and cost-effective solution for startups, SMB’s, partners and corporate taxpayers to grow their businesses by claiming the R&D tax credit. Our impressive growth has allowed us to work with 800+ customers across the country, and to help them claim over $70M in tax credits.
We are seeking passionate individuals to join our team who share our mission to get money back into the hands of hardworking entrepreneurs to help them innovate, hire, and grow our economy.
What we believe
We’re a hardworking team that loves to work together. As a young company, we enjoy building, creative problem solving, and celebrating success. Core values we align with:
We are looking to add a motivated recent accounting graduate or individual with 1-2 years of tax or accounting experience to our operations team. The R&D Credit Specialist is primarily responsible for managing research credit studies for customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage communications with the customer throughout the study
- Assist with documentation and review of client information and performing basic R&D credit studies
- Respond to customer questions
- Prepare tax forms associated with credits
- Communicate with third parties including tax preparer and payroll provider
- Maintain tracking of client credit information
- Research state credit opportunities
- Work collaboratively with other operations team members, and other departments within the company
- Provide feedback on how to continuously improve our software and services
Qualities and background we’re looking for
- You enjoy working with a variety of people and can communicate well with all of them
- You can prioritize and organize your time and workload to handle lots of things at once
- You don’t mind changing priorities
- You like to learn and grow
- You work well with deadlines
- You thoroughly complete tasks
- You’re responsive to customers
- Preferably, you have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Preferably, you have 1-2 years of tax experience
Send resume to Monika Diehl, VP of Operations, at email@example.com.