Senior Tax Specialist (but more fun)
Location: 1233 Dublin Road, Columbus, OH 43215
Reports to: VP of Operations
Availability Requirements: Full time
Ready to move on from a corporate environment or CPA firm? Have you ever considered working in a fast paced early stage company? If you have an interest in being part of a quickly growing company focused on helping entrepreneurs across the nation, this opportunity might be for you.
About Clarus R+D
Started by two co-founders and friends, Clarus R+D is a high growth early stage company headquartered in Columbus, OH. The R&D tax credit is America’s largest tax incentive for innovation, but traditional obstacles have caused this credit to be largely unclaimed. Why does this matter? Running a small business is hard enough. We wanted to make it easy for entrepreneurs to take advantage of all of the resources available to them.
At Clarus, we develop technology driven solutions that help great companies claim benefits that they have earned. Our software offers a simple and cost-effective solution for startups, SMB’s, partners and corporate taxpayers to grow their businesses by claiming the R&D tax credit. Our impressive growth has allowed us to work with 800+ customers across the country, and to help them claim over $70M in tax credits.
We are seeking passionate individuals to join our team who share our mission to get money back into the hands of hardworking entrepreneurs to help them innovate, hire, and grow our economy.
What we believe
We’re a hardworking team that loves to work together. As a young company, we enjoy building, creative problem solving, and celebrating success. Core values we align with:
You’ll be a part of a team of other tax credit specialists to support you in your new role. You’ll have weekly team meetings and be a part of the company-wide Slack channel. We work really hard to make being at Clarus an amazing experience and have a team full of truly exceptional people—the kind you’ll be excited to work with.
The work you’ll do
- Onboard clients to help them understand the software and how their work qualifies for credits
- Work with clients to determine how their credit can be best utilized
- Customer-based credit research
- Lead junior staff, review work and help them get better
- Respond to customer questions
- Work collaboratively with other operations team members, and other departments within the company
- Provide feedback on how to continuously improve our software and services
- You have 3-5 years of tax experience
- You enjoy working with a variety of people and can communicate well with all of them
- You can prioritize and organize your time and workload to handle lots of things at once
- You have experience reviewing someone’s work and providing coaching and feedback
- You don’t mind changing priorities
- You like to learn and grow
- You work well with deadlines
- You thoroughly complete tasks
- You’re responsive to customers
- Preferably, you have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Send resume to Monika Diehl, VP of Operations, at email@example.com.