Senior Software Engineer
Location: 1404 Goodale Blvd, Ste 400, Columbus, OH, 43212
Reports to: Head of Development
Availability requirements: Full time
ABOUT CLARUS R+D
Clarus R+D is the leader in world-class technology that enables every business to unlock the full value of R&D tax incentives for innovation and growth. Founded by tax and technology experts, our cloud-based software delivers access, compliance, and clarity for federal and state R&D programs. With Clarus R+D, companies of all sizes can maximize the power of R&D tax incentives to significantly impact their business.
The Clarus R+D application is an enterprise web application that guides innovators through an R&D study, generates reports, and facilitates an online dialog with our tax experts. This role will lead one of three small teams of 3-5 developers. Mentor your team by coaching (15%), pull request reviews (25%), and pair coding (60%) to grow more effective as a software developer. Lead and encourage a culture of learning, pair programming, and test-driven development. Building, supporting, and maintaining the application will be done through your team with your leadership and mentorship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hold entrance meetings with product managers to make sure the acceptance criteria are clear.
- Manage the developer pairings on your team.
- Be actively engaged in developing solutions.
- Review the pull requests across teams and lead others on your team in learning how to do healthy pull request reviews.
- Sync with the other team leads to be consistent in our practices and tooling.
- Hold exit meetings reviewing pull requests with product managers to confirm that expectations have been met.
- Actively contribute to sprint retrospective meetings and process improvement.
- Manage technical research projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of Elixir
- 7+ years of software development
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of junior developers
- Pair programming
- Test-driven development
- Phoenix framework
- Tailwind CSS
- UNIX servers
- AWS (Fargate, ECS, S3)