Location: 1404 Goodale Blvd. , Suite 400, Columbus, OH, 43212
Availability requirements: Full Time
ABOUT CLARUS R+D
Clarus R+D is the leader in world-class technology that enables every business to unlock the full value of R&D tax incentives for innovation and growth. Founded by tax and technology experts, our cloud-based software delivers access, compliance, and clarity for federal and state R&D programs. With Clarus R+D, companies of all sizes can maximize the power of R&D tax incentives to significantly impact their business.
Account Managers work with our clients to assist them with claiming the R&D tax credit using our technology-driven platform. Account Managers are the face of Clarus R+D, tasked with managing the relationship with our clients. Common responsibilities in this role are to move clients through the process of filing for the R&D tax credit from start to finish, ensuring that clients have provided all necessary information before tax deadlines, educating clients on the R&D tax credit and renewing clients for the following year. The successful candidate needs to create trusting relationships and identify additional sales opportunities when possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume primary account management and sales responsibility for a portfolio of Clarus R+D clients
- Follow up via email, phone and video conference to move clients through the process to claim the R&D tax credit
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship and continue to educate clients on the R&D tax credit and any changes in legislation that may impact them
- Work closely with the Sales, Expert, Tech and Marketing teams to ensure seamless support to our clients
- Maintain complete records in Salesforce to document all client interactions accurately
- Update engagement letters with new pricing and terms as needed for existing customers
- Track client status daily in Salesforce to ensure clients meet crucial tax deadlines
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ year of experience in a client facing role
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone/video meeting skills
- Absolute dedication for attention to detail and maintaining accurate notes on all client interactions
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple workflows on a daily basis
- Familiarity with a CRM system such as Salesforce is preferred
- Ability to quickly learn and communicate product/service knowledge with confidence to a variety of audiences
- Ability to quickly build rapport with clients in a short period of time
- Takes direction well but is also a self-starter and can work independently toward goals
- Confident making client calls in an open office environment
- PandaDoc and/or Docusign
- Clarus R+D proprietary software
CLARUS R+D BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO
- Three Health Insurance options including one at no cost to employees!
- Dental Coverage options including one at no cost to employees!
- Vision Coverage options including one at no cost to employees!
- Life Insurance coverage equal to your salary up to $100,000 at no cost to employees!
- Short term and long-term disability coverage at no cost to employees!
- 401k with employer match of 100% for the first 3% of employee contribution and 50% of the next 2% – immediately vested!
- Quarterly Bonus Program for all employees
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Fully stocked kitchen and pantry with snacks, drinks and espresso
This role is required to be local to Columbus, OH