Location: 1233 Dublin Road, Columbus, OH 43215
Reports to: VP of Business Development
Availability Requirements: Full time, 40+ hours per week
Compensation: Base salary, commission, profit sharing
About Clarus R+D
Clarus R+D is the leader in world-class technology that enables every business to unlock the full value of R&D tax incentives for innovation and growth. Founded by tax and technology experts, our cloud-based software delivers access, compliance, and clarity for federal and state R&D programs. With Clarus R+D, companies of all sizes can maximize the power of R&D tax incentives to significantly impact their business.
In this role, you will work with our customers to help them claim the R&D tax credit using our technology-driven solution. You will focus on moving customers through our operations process to complete all tax credit work. In addition, you will upsell and acquire new revenue streams from these customers. As account manager, you will be responsible for meeting monthly and annual KPIs while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented sales professional who values productivity and customer engagement. Someone who enjoys discussing business issues and can help entrepreneurs understand the ROI of our exclusive offering. A successful account manager is dedicated to providing value to business owners and positions themselves as an expert consultant. The upside is significant as our solution is game-changing for companies that previously had no access to this meaningful tax incentive.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assume primary account management and sales responsibility for a portfolio of Clarus R+D customers.
- With appropriate follow up, move customers through the operations process to complete R&D studies.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships. Work through any account challenges.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key points of contact within the customer organization.
- Coach and hold customers accountable to crucial tax deadlines and KPI’s.
- Clearly communicate and report on customer progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Forecast and track all key metrics.
- Document all customer interactions in Salesforce.
- Maintain all customer contracts and sales records.
- Utilize technology to perform all functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple prospects with timely follow up.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales-related positions. Creativity a plus.
- Proven success dealing with decision makers and, in particular, small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills supported by strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong and confident phone presence.
- Familiarity with logging activities and tasks in a CRM such as Salesforce.com
- Detail-oriented with project management experience.
- High energy, positive, and achievement driven.
- Takes direction but is a self-starter and will work independently toward goals.
- Minimum 1-3 years account management or customer service experience in a structured sales environment.
- Experience with startups and early stage entrepreneurs a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business desired.
Send resume to Dan Clifford, VP of Business Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.