Location: 1233 Dublin Road, Columbus, OH 43215
Reports to: VP of Business Development
Availability Requirements: Full time, 40+ hours per week
Compensation: Base salary, commission, profit sharing
About Clarus R+D
Clarus R+D is the leader in world-class technology that enables every business to unlock the full value of R&D tax incentives for innovation and growth. Founded by tax and technology experts, our cloud-based software delivers access, compliance, and clarity for federal and state R&D programs. With Clarus R+D, companies of all sizes can maximize the power of R&D tax incentives to significantly impact their business.
In this role you will work with our customers to help them claim the R&D tax credit using our technology-driven solution. You will follow a predictive sales process to close opportunities over the phone. The ideal individual enjoys discussing business issues and can help prospects understand the ROI of our exclusive offering. Executive presence and the ability to gain the attention and respect of business leaders is critical. A successful account executive is dedicated to providing value to business owners and positions themselves as an expert consultant. The upside is significant as our solution is game-changing for companies that previously had no access to this meaningful tax incentive.
Duties and responsibilities
- Phone-based sales working consultatively with prospects.
- Move prospects through the sales process with appropriate follow up to efficiently advance to a close.
- Documenting all customer interactions in Salesforce.com.
- After the sale, execute contract signing and accurately handoff to operations.
- Ensure customer success immediately following implementation.
- Generate referrals from existing clients to expand the customer base.
- Develop relationships with smaller partners to generate leads.
Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales related positions. Creativity a plus.
- Proven success dealing with decision makers, especially small business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong and confident phone presence.
- Ability to learn quickly and communicate product/service value proposition.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple prospects with timely, responsive follow up.
- Familiarity with activity and task tracking in Salesforce.com.
- High energy, positive, and achievement driven.
- Takes direction but is a self-starter and works independently toward goals.
- Minimum 1-3 years sales experience in a structured sales environment. Inside sales with outbound calling preferred.
- Experience with startup businesses and early stage entrepreneurs a big plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business desired.
Send resume to Dan Clifford, VP of Business Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.